24 Pixar Films: Ranked

      
    Most people really enjoy Pixar films: they have a very successful track record. There have been movies that were critically acclaimed (Wall-E, Up) and truly only one flop (Cars 2). Everyone has their own opinions and I know mine won't match up with most of you! I ranked by not only what I personally think; but, I tried to think like a critic a bit as well, so some may have been bumped a bit higher or lower in that regard. I ranked them from 1 to 5 stars. Many landed in the 3 category. I originally wrote this when there were only 18 films. When you're finished remember to like, share and comment. Let me know where our opinions differ. Also I have a 2 part post ranking 59 Disney animated films click Hereto see part 1.

                                       1 star

24- Cars 2- 
I have tried 3 or 4 times and I've fallen asleep every time. I cannot do it. 

23- The Good Dinosaur- 
The animation (in parts) is stunning; but, it exhausted me. This poor dinosaur runs into so many villains. I left the theatre wanting a nap. 

                                        2 stars
22- Finding Dory-
I think it's cute in parts; but, I don't really like the new characters. I don't like the weird driving scene.
 
21- Luca 
Imagine "The Little Mermaid" "Coco" and "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" and put them together. What do you have? A weird movie. It's not bad. There's not really a villain. I thought it was a little boring. 

                      2 1/2 stars 
20- Incredibles 2- 
I enjoyed it. It was hilarious; but, if you take out the comedy I think it would've lacked. 
 
19-Wall-E- 
 I think parts are cute, like all Pixar movies (except Cars 2); but, I think it's alright. Certain scenes are beautifully animated.
18- Cars- 
I think Cars is charming, full of cute characters; but, it's just overall okay. It obviously has its funny moments who doesn't find Larry the Cable Guy funny? 
 
17- A Bug's Life- 
This movie is my Pixar guilty pleasure. Every two years or so I just want to watch this film and I cannot pin point why because it truly is mediocre at best. 
 
                             3 stars
16- Cars 3- 
I despise Cars 2. The first one, meh. I do really enjoy the third in the trilogy. It is super super cute. It is a true underdog story and I really liked it. I'm sure many my age haven't even tried to watch after the second; but, I promise it redeems the trilogy. 
 
15- Up- 
The first 8 minutes is beautiful after that I lose interest quickly. Now I do admit there are cute and funny moments after that first montage. I despise the villain so much. If it weren't for the villain this movie would rank much higher. 
 
14- Inside Out- 
I think if I were adopted or had been younger when this released it would be much higher on my list. It is a well-done project. I think it's super creative; yet, I lost interest a few times.
 
13- Toy Story 3
I have 2 problems with this movie. I do not like the lack of redemption from the villains. I thought there was an opportunity for redemption for at least some of the henchman in the plan and it didn't happen in the slightest. Therefore, I rank it way lower than I want to. It misses charm in this regard and that's why I think it's the worst of the 4. The ending gets me everytime. 
 
                           3 1/2 stars
12- Toy Story 4
Hilarious? Yes! Cute? Yes! Necessary? No. Should there be a 5th? Never. Am I upset there was a 4? No. Will I be upset with a 5? Yes. The buck stops here. I laughed till I cried and I cried just in general. I did like the story especially the last 10 minutes. 
 
11- Soul
I think this film had potential to rank much higher; however, I will leave it here. I like the premise; but, several scenes I was confused until it all came together in the end. It really isn't a movie for kids. The scenes where the main character plays the piano are amazing. 

10- The Incredibles- 
I've always thought the original film was unique and that's why I rank it as high as I do. It's a superhero movie that kids can watch. I do think it's a tad too long, almost 2 hours. I don't like the villain. The score is dare I say incredible. 
 
                         4 stars
9 Finding Nemo-
I think this movie is good. My main problem is the same problem with "The Good Dinosaur" it just exhausts me. There are so many characters in all these scenes. It's hard to keep up. However, its significantly better than "The Good Dinosaur". The characters are better. The story is better.
 
8- Toy Story 2- 
Obviously the best sequel Pixar has made and I believe the best they ever will make.  It is hilarious. My favorite Pixar character ever, Rex, shines in many comedic parts.
7- Monsters University- 
The only Pixar prequel to date makes me laugh and smile a lot. I really enjoy seeing Mike and Sulley's previous adventures. I know most of you are cringing that I ranked it this far up the list. Sorry, not sorry. 
                 
6- Brave- 
I love the unique nature of Brave for Pixar. Merida is the only lead role princess. She is a great role-model. The story is good and I have always enjoyed it. Plus I'm a sucker for an animated fantasy set in medieval times. 
 
                               4 1/2 stars
 
5- Coco- 
I really like Coco. I like the original storyline and it makes me smile. The music is great and I just admire it all around. The scene with Miguel and Coco at the end is one of my favorite Pixar moments. 
4- Toy Story- 
The classic Pixar film. It always makes me smile and feel nostalgia. The soundtrack is great as well. 
 

                                  5 stars 
(These three were extremely hard to rank! They all make me smile a lot!) 

3- Monsters Inc- 
When I saw this movie in theaters I said "meh"; but, when I watched the second time it turned into my favorite. I have been in love ever since. It is hilarious, filled with charm and super creative.
 
2- Onward- 
I think Onward is the new Pixar classic. I believe you will root for the characters and cheer them on during their quest! The mom seems totally nerdy; but, by the end of the movie you realize how awesome she really is! You get to see Ian transform and grow through the movie and it's endearing. You also get to see love between siblings. I smiled beginning to end. We have the story of 2 sisters (Frozen), now we have the story of 2 brothers!

1- Ratatouille - 
I love to cook, so I may be biased here. The food in this movie looks so amazing you can almost smell it wafting into your living room. I want to be in that kitchen. It's a story about how two underdogs can work together and make something beautiful. That is the reason it always puts a smile on my face. It is probably more for adults: many kids would probably find it boring. The flashback scene when the critic tastes the Ratatouille is probably the best Pixar scene ever!
Let me know your rankings! 
Like, share and comment! 

Comments