MegaCon 2022: Orlando

     In 2020 I attended my first virtual Convention and thought “That was neat.” In 2021 I went to my first Fan Expo. It was a small thing but enjoyable. In 2022 I decided to go to the biggest con in Florida. It was 4 days and I attended partially all 4 days and I had a nice time. First, I ran into Austin whom I worked with in 2014-5 3 of the 4 days. Of thousands of people there its crazy that I saw him that many times.

      I saw some celebrities. I attended a session with the voice of the animated Batman, Kevin Conroy. His story was neat. He was roommates with Robin Williams and has been sober for over 35 years. I also attended a panel with Matthew Lewis from the Harry Potter movies. He seemed incredibly down-to-earth. I got to fist bump LaVar Burton. I grew up watching Reading Rainbow so that was neat. I got to meet some cool people who create art, comic books, Youtube personalities. I got to buy some Flintstones and Goofy comic books from the 90’s. I attended a panel with 2 Youtubers and got to talk to them afterwards. It was really neat.

    I liked walking around and seeing all the stuff. There was food, places you can get tattooed, merch to buy, tons of comic books for sale but the cool thing was all the merch that was made by small businesses. It was neat to be in the presence of all those creative people. My favorite thing was seeing the stuff not focusing on the celebrities to be honest. 

    I think everyone should go to a convention at some point. There is something for everyone. There are workshops for creators, lessons on how to create things, a room for kids with cool activities. It is fun! One downside it was really crowded on day 3 of 4. 

Comments