Ranking Martina McBride's album!

    I have decided to rank only Marina's 10 albums that aren't cover albums. She has 4 albums that are full of covers, 2 Christmas, 1 album full of country standards and 1 album of classic rock songs, mostly from the 70's. I don't dislike any of those albums but White Christmas and Timeless are amazing top tier albums while It's The Holiday Season and Everlasting are not nearly as good. 

      So let's get into it.

Bottom 3

10- Emotion- (1999)- "Love's The Only House" is clearly the standout song on this album and I think one of the best songs of her career! She also had a breakout hit on the pop charts with "I Love You" which helped her reach a new audience. However, this album aside from "From the Ashes" I think are all good but not standouts. 

9- Wild Angels (1995)- While "Wild Angels" is one of my favorite Martina songs the album I have never cared for. The song "Swinging Door' is fun and upbeat. The song "Phones Were Ringing All Over Town" is another stand out. The rest of the album I think is mediocre! 

8- Eleven (2011)- This album is possibly the most unique. It has sort of an alternative rock feel. I admire Martina for trying something new. The song "One Night" is fun. This album also had 4 extra songs in a Target exclusive version. "When You Love A Sinner" is a deep song that I find the lyrics intriguing, 

Middle 4

7- Martina (2003)- Fresh off the heels of her Greatest Hits album featuring 4 new hits came this self-titled album. I think this album has some really beautiful songs like "How Far" and "When You Love Me" and some more fun songs. I think this was a nice album to follow a greatest hits album.

6- Shine (2009)- "Wrong Baby Wrong" "Ride" and "How I Feel" are three fun songs from Martina. I do have fun with this album and "What Do I Have to Do?" shows Martina's vocals well snd 'Wild Rebel Rose" tells a great story. The other half of the album, I usually forget exists until I hear it.

5- The Way I Am (1993)- Martina's 2nd album was a breakthrough in ways. She was starting to get noticed. "Strangers", "My Baby Loves Me" and "Independence Day" are 3 amazing songs that made Martina a force in country music. They are all 3 very different and shows her range. 

4- Waking Up Laughing (2007)- This album was Martina's first where she tried her hand at songwriting. She co-wrote 3 songs for the first time. "Anyways" and "For These Times" are I think the 2 most uplifting songs of Martina's career. These 2 songs are why I ranked this album high; I like every song except "Cry Cry". I always skip that one. 

Top 3

3- Reckless (2016)- Martina's latest album is a throwback to 90's country with a modern twist and I really enjoy it. She has 2 duets and some true throwback 90's vibes. The song "It Ain't Pretty" has old school county storytelling aspects. 

2- The Time Has Come (1992)- Martina's debut album is an unappreciated gem. It is a throwback to classic country with new songs. The more I listen the more I like. I enjoy almost every song. 

1- Evolution (1997)- I don't think Martina will ever top this album. It is classic. Of the 13 songs 6 became singles and successful and the rest if you are a Martina fan you probably have heard because this album was so successful and amazing! If you only listen to one Martina album I recommend this one!

Well that's ir, what do you think?! Feel free to like, share and comment! 

Comments