3 Spiritual Influences











    




            Faith has always been important to me. I grew up going to church 3 times a week. It has shaped me in more ways than I realize probably because it was there before I remember. In this post I am going to talk about some people who influenced this. There are others who have impacted me as well. This list would be so long, I just picked these 3.

       1.) Grandma Jerri

                Faith often starts at home. My Grandma was my next-door neighbor growing up. Grandma was always in her Bible reading, praying, talking about Jesus, singing/ listening to gospel. She lives a holy virtually sin-free lifestyle. She is 85 now and I believe her faith is why all her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren have all done decently in life so far. None of us are addicted to meth. None of us have gone to jail for more than a night. She is blessed and highly favored. (Luke 1:28)

        2.) Aaron Stratton

               I met this man in 2014. In 2017 our paths crossed again briefly. In 2018 we started to become close. I knew from the moment I met him he was a Christian. He didn't have to tell me. While I lived in Orlando area, he was my one person who I knew would pray for/with me whenever I needed. He never judged me and was a great listener! I hope to be more like this guy when I grow up. Listening to him solo on "Battle Hymn of the Republic" at Epcot gives me chills not because it's beautiful but because I know he believes every word he is singing. One time I literally felt the holy spirit during his solo at EPCOT. In a Disney theme park, talk about a unique scenario. (Proverbs 28:20)

        3.) Eric Thomas

               I met this guy in 7th grade, and I knew he was special right away. He always had a presence about him that felt different than the other guys in my class. He always has a calm demeanor about him. We are friends to this day. He is now a pastor, and I couldn't be prouder of him. He is the guy pictured with me up top. (2nd Timothy 4:2) 

Comments