Nicholas' Playlist pt 2 : Meant to Live By Switchfoot

  



 This album was released 20 years ago, and I have always loved it. It was recently rereleased with new recordings. It gives new life to these songs. Of the 11 songs I like 10 of them which is rare for an album to have so many good songs. It was released when I was an angsty teenager. I liked how it was rock and Christian. In 8th grade, I needed this album to give me an uplifting message so much of my world changed that year in almost every aspect and I believe these songs help get me through. 

Fumbling his confidence
And wondering why the world has passed him by
Hoping that he's bent for more than arguments,
And failed attempts to fly

        Like I said in 8th grade my life was turned topsy-turvy I have blogged about that before, so I won't go into all the details. But I had 0 confidence for sure and definitely felt passed by, by the world. I wanted to rebel in a lot of ways, but I didn't so I suppressed my emotions. I became suicidal and nobody seemed notice.  

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside

        I felt like I had lost myself in 8th grade. That 7th grade kid was no longer here. And I didn't like it; but, as an adult I realize we all evolve over time. Grow up change learn and usually become better people through all the hardships. 

Dreaming about Providence
And whether mice or men have second tries
Maybe we've been livin' with our eyes half open
Maybe we're bent and broken


    Mice or men isn't that something we all struggle with. There have definitely been times where I have been mouse like. I am not proud of those moments but we live and learn right?

We want more than this world's got to offer
We want more than the wars of our fathers
And everything inside screams for second life


    This is how the songs ends. Second life I am grateful for eccond chances with Jesus. 

    

Comments