Killers of the Flower Moon Review (No Spoilers)

 



    3 hours and 26 minutes! That's how long this movie was. Oppenheimer was about 26 minutes shorter. I didn't imagine I would see a movie longer than that possibly ever, especially not in the same year. 

    The movie starts off with Leonardo's character coming home from war to stay with his uncle Robert's character. Leo befriends Lily's character, and the movie gets started. One cool scene fades from black and white to color and its done so subtlety and slow it took me a couple to seconds to realize it was already transitioning. 

    This movie is a mystery based on real events and a novel of the same title. I will tell you about an hour in you think you have the mystery solved. Then halfway in you do it have it solved but there are so many questions yet to be answered that I was still hooked and even though you know the way things unfold made me question myself. 

    How was the acting? Incredible. Robert DeNiro and Leonardo Dicaprio are known for their top-notch acting abilities but everyone else was on par with the two of them! Lilly Gladstone went right toe-to-toe with these men and held her own. I think the acting was possibly the best I've seen in any film. The costuming, sets etc. stayed true to the time period of the early 1900's.

    How was the pacing of this long movie you may ask? Slow. However, the pacing worked because I was truly captivated the whole time. I couldn't go get popcorn or pee. There was no way I was going to miss this.  The story was interesting. Manipulation at its finest. It is an important story that needed to be told to a wider audience. 

    My least favorite thing about this was there were times when the Osage language is spoken where it's not translated. You can infer due to context clues but what if I was wrong?

    Do I love this movie? No. Do I think people should watch? Yes. I give it a 9/10. The acting alone brings it from an 8 to a 9 alone. I can't give it an 8 for that reason alone. I cannot express to you how good this acting was! Martin Scorsese is the producer, director and co-screenwriter. 

Comments