Ranking 13 Muppets films and specials!

Over the years we have gotten many television series, specials and films of The Muppets. If I were to rank everything that would be a lot to sift through and watch so I will stick with what I know. I put these into 4 categories. So, let's get started! 



Let's forget this one. 

13. Muppets from Space (1999) I think this movie is the worst. I just can't get into it and the reviews are awful! 

These 4 are fun and zany but lacking! 

12. Kermit Swamp Years (2002) Nice little prequel but not anything special. I like the other characters; but I missed the Muppet characters. 

11. Muppet's Wizard of Oz (2005) Fun but the original will never be topped. I just like The Wizard of Oz so much this might be higher than it should actually be. 

10. Muppets Takes Manhattan (1984) I love NYC and Muppets but this movie. It is OK. It does feel like classic Muppets and for that I have to appreciate it! 

9. Muppet Treasure Island (1996) I like the idea of this movie. I was the perfect age for this movie when it came out! But as an adult I don't remember why I loved it so much! I do like pirates and Muppets so that is probably why! I just think the focus is off The Muppets a bit too much. 

The middle of the road! Let's be clear. I enjoy all of these more than I probably should! 

8. A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa (2008)- It's a cute, sweet little Christmas special! It will make your heart smile! 

7. Muppet's Haunted Mansion (2021) Super cute! I like how they got creative with a very familiar ride. The songs, the interesting storyline with Gonzo and Pepe. P.S. Don't go in room 999. 

6. Muppets Movie (1979) - The original. The music is great. The soundtrack is a bop! It is fun; but the movie itself didn't age well in my opinion! However, it is an incredible start to one of the most successful franchises of all time and for that you have to respect it! 

5. Muppets Most Wanted (2014)- I think the soundtrack is so fun! The soundtrack alone bumps this up a few notches. Whenever I watch I can't the songs about of my head for a few days! I mean Josh Groban and Tina Fey! What a combo! 

The Mount Rushmore of Muppet films! 

4. Great Muppets Caper (1981) I love this movie. It's so quirky and fun. It is just a big scoop of The Muppets. It has all the energy you come to expect and a little mystery! 

3. It's A Very Merry Muppets Christmas (2002) I love this Christmas movie. I think it's one of the best made-for-TV films. The list of super stars is incredible! Joan Cusack as the villain is incredible! Similar to "It's A Wonderful Life."

2. The Muppets (2011) I think this was a great heart-warming story from Disney and The Muppets. I think this is top tier Muppet entertainment! I laugh and cry! 

1. A Muppet's Christmas Carol (1992) One of my favorite's movies of all-time. I love Christmas, The Muppets and Charles Dickens so no surprise I am over the moon about this movie. I love this story. I love all the songs! I laugh so hard and cry just as hard every time! Also, Martina McBride fresh off the release of her debut album sings a song in the credits! If you know me, you know I love Martina! The lyrics in these new songs alone are enough to put these at #1. 

Like, share and comment. What is your favorite? 


Comments